Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happenings in Victorialand.

In between tennis matches (edits), and this is what's on my plate:

-Planning my next vlog for the YA Rebels, in which I actually have to talk about something :p Really excited though! Our 2nd week is going to be so much fun (for us at least, we hope you have fun, too!)

-Working on the website. Yes, the one I mentioned MONTHS ago. It will be done. One day.

-Working on trailer. This too will be done. One day.

-I'm taking a southern lit course!

-Obsessively checking Goodreads, Twitter, FB, etc. It's a problem, but I like to call it a "fascination" because it sounds less like obsession and more like curiosity.

-TV show: Chuck. Hey, that show is actually REALLY addictive.

-TV comes back this week! This makes me happy because it's the only way I know what day it is. Consequently all through the holidays I thought it was Saturday. Please don't feel the need to tell me how pathetic this is :p

-I've come to the realization that I need things in my life that are deliberately NOT writing. Because writing isn't such a great break from writing, and so much of writing is waiting, and it's too easy for me to drive myself crazy either waiting or trying to write while waiting on other writing and you see how this can all go on and on until you feel slightly dizzy.

-To end on a positive writing note: I finally feel like I understand my characters. You might be saying, "But V, shouldn't you have gotten to that point many ages ago?" And the answer is no. I *tried* to understand them, and got to the point of auras and shadows and vague notions of their wants and motives, but have really struggled to GET them, to answer the fundamental questions of what it is they want, in life, in the story, etc. I finally feel like I understand, and if I could put into words the HOPE that this understanding fills me with, I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment