Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The honest truth about agent hunting, and life in general.

So, it's my turn over at the YA Rebels, and it's AGENT HUNT week.

I was going to do a fun vlog.

It was going to involve baking analogies.

Then it was going to involve 4th grade leprechaun-catching demonstrations.

But I couldn't do it.

None of it rang true. None of it conveyed the most important piece of advice I have to give.

So I made this.





If you have any issues viewing, you can go HERE.



EEP.

3 comments:

  1. Your agent search story reminds me of my job search story -- just as nerve-wracking and just as much a matter of finding the right fit. Great advice, and hooray for things working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so true! Simple courtesy can take you far. I wish everyone would give it a try. If it doesn't come naturally, try it for pragmatic reasons: it's easy, it's cheap, and it gets results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel- It's all about the right fit! I did everything right, I did a ton of research, and I had some great responses to my query letters. I tried to predict everything, and ended up with an incredible agent and a relationship I would have never predicted!

    Linda- I know. It's one of my fundamental rules. Along with No-Big-Head-Ever :p

    ReplyDelete