Friday, January 1, 2010

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! EDITS ---> TENNIS

Some might remember, from long, long ago, when I was searching for an agent, and then an editor, that I decided to change REJECTION to MUNCHKIN. Because it amused me, and made me feel better, and it was fun to say. It dulled the pain.

Well.

I'm here to make a formal declaration.

EDITS are no longer EDITS.



EDITS have officially been renamed TENNIS.



That's right. EDIT is no longer a word to me. It is dead to me. TENNIS, that's okay.

Why?

Because if you ask me "How was the TENNIS today?" then it 1. doesn't sound as depressing, and 2. makes me sound quite athletic, because I get asked this question A LOT.

So, you heard it here. Feel free to use TENNIS as well, if you like. But if you come to me and ask me about EDITS, then I am afraid I will have no idea what you're talking about.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'll have to use that. I'm currently playing a lot of tennis myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! But does it mean you get to change into a cute outfit before you start for the day? And what about sweatbands? Do you have to wear sweatbands? (Those might actually come in handy, come to think of it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi- Good luck with your tennis match! Make sure to stretch, stay hydrated, and bad-mouth your opponent a bit.

    Linda- My tennis ensemble is that of the comfy kind. Sweatpants, robe, etc. So no, I believe I'll keep that bit :pp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I love your idea. Good luck with your tennis!! ;)

    ReplyDelete